In work skills support
STEP UP, Wakefield Council’s Employment & Skills programme, is committed to helping our residents and businesses become more competitive by developing their skills.
We will support employees to gain new skills leading to improved employment prospects. This could include moving from minimum wage to the living wage, increased hours or job progression or even promotion within the organisation.
How can this benefit your company?
- Increased profitability and productivity
- Trained and motivated employees with a clear progression route
- Customised training courses to fit your business needs
- Increased employee morale and aspiration
How will employed individuals benefit?
- Achieve new skills and qualifications
- Help to maximise their rate of pay
- Help to maximise their prospect of promotion
- Help with career change
Who can take part?
- Any Wakefield based business
- An employed resident in the Wakefield District council area
Contact us on 01924 303334 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Meet the team
Meet Nathan, one of our fantastic Client Support Officers for Step Up’s Skill Up programme – he specialises in helping people progress in work, gain new qualifications or with a complete career change!