If you have been unemployed for a time, want to return to work, have been made redundant, or are finding your current job difficult because of health problems or other reasons, we will work with you to develop an individual plan to support you.
Each of our STEP-UP advisers are specialists in looking for and sustaining work, careers advice and guidance or business support.
- Allocate you a personal adviser who will work with you to identify your individual needs.
- Allocate a specialist key account officer to work with you on your business needs.
- Work with a wide network of organisations to ensure you get the best possible support to achieve your ambitions.
- Match you to a range of job opportunities and match businesses to your skills, ensuring you get the best chance of success.
- Signpost you to a range of learning and skills opportunities to support your
personal or business goals.
Meet Adrienne, our Employment Hub Information, Advice & Guidance Officer. Not only does Adrienne work on the Step Up programme, she’s also a former customer! Listen to her story to find out more about her journey and why she’s so passionate about helping people in to work.
Real People…Real Stories
Read first-hand accounts of how Step Up has helped local residents:
“It was good to talk to you too, you sound like just the boost I need to up my confidence.”
“Thank you for your emails. They are appreciated. You are really doing a great job trying to help people in these difficult times.”
“Thanks for all your help. I’ve had a verbal job offer with a view to start on July 1st in a role that promises many opportunities to learn new things!”
“The manager said I had a really good interview….. I only smashed it because of the support/confidence you (Step Up) gave to me”
“Thank you very much for your help, I have definitely learnt more about how to showcase my skills, and realised I have skills I never knew I had.”
“I can thoroughly recommend job searchers using Wakefield District Council’s ‘Step Up’ programme for anyone trying to see where new roles may emerge in the District.”
“Just want to say a big thank you for including me in your emails and providing support. Being unemployed is daunting to say the least. To have someone at the end of a phone and email that is supporting you means a lot.”